WMTFSA

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > improvements to pistol range

wmtfsa
Site Owner

We are looking at buying a dueling tree and/or a steel silhouette.

the cost of these two together is just under $1000.We like to get the membership opinion of this. like interest in this?how much will they get used?weather you think it could bring in new members? how to pay for them without taking money from other club cost? 

--
June 21, 2014 at 12:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

manchuman

I think this is a great Idea, our range is very limited for capabilities for pistol shooting.  I think it would be great if we could make a few stand alone target stands that are about 5.5 feet high as well as it would be more stable to use larger targets than the current cross boards.  Or even making 4 free standing target stands that have preplaced ground stakes to insert the 2x4 supprts into so the club can determine their position.  These made with a 21" spread would allow sillhouette targets to be placed for practicing defensive training without hitting target boards and would allow them to stand at a more reasonable height.  I like the new portable barrier wall that was made, it is a great tool as well.  Can we also widen the 25 meter rifle range to accomodate holding more targets across.  The El Presidente rifle and pistol drill requires three sillhouettes spaced a yard apart and right now we don't have the capability.  This capability would expand member's abilities to conduct more effective defensive training on multiple targets.

June 22, 2014 at 1:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

wmtfsa
Site Owner

Your idea sound great,

at our board meeting the officers decided to take donations towards upgrading the pistol range, by buying a dueling tree and a steel torso target, also moving the back stops slightly and gettign stones down on the standing area, with moving back stops that should give us move range room in the future to make it possible to get more targets in and more differant lenght shooting more safely. If anyone would like to donate to this you can send it to the clubs address or if you are going to the club you can put your donation in the guess membership box please put donation in an envolpe and make so we know that is is a donation. we are going the donation route because at our July's meeting there was a large group that seems to want improvements to range but the club budget at this time doesnt have  enough funds to do this improvements at this time. the cost should be well below $1500 and with around 600 members this should be easy to get to.

--
July 27, 2014 at 12:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Angel

Great idea!  How much have we raised so far?  We will send a donation.  Keep us posted on amount raised.

September 24, 2014 at 7:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

grreg
Administrator

we are a little over $100 short but we went ahead and ordered the dueling tree and one steel silhouette. figuring we would be getting donations with membership renewals just starting to come in.

the steel silhouette is here now we just didnt get it mounted yet and one piece of the dueling tree is on back order and should be getting delievered on the next couple weeks

as money comes in for this we are willing to buy more if there is interest and so far it seems to be just talking to members and new members wanting to jion just because of the start of upgrades

--
October 9, 2014 at 9:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

grreg
Administrator

Now with what i posted on my last post about the targets being here there was a discussion at our Oct. meeting about the use of these new pistol targets. the question was since the pistol/shotgun range is open to rifles shooting also (example-22's, 30/30, muzzleloader pretty much anything youy want to only shoot up to 50 yards.) and these new targets are pistol targets that are rated up to 44 and 45 cal. would it be ok if we shoot 22's at them. we tabled this till directors meeting well since i am on the board i would like to get some feed back. I listen to both side at the meeting and would like to hear what others are thinking about this

--
October 9, 2014 at 10:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sea157

grreg at October 9, 2014 at 10:14 PM

Now with what i posted on my last post about the targets being here there was a discussion at our Oct. meeting about the use of these new pistol targets. the question was since the pistol/shotgun range is open to rifles shooting also (example-22's, 30/30, muzzleloader pretty much anything youy want to only shoot up to 50 yards.) and these new targets are pistol targets that are rated up to 44 and 45 cal. would it be ok if we shoot 22's at them. we tabled this till directors meeting well since i am on the board i would like to get some feed back. I listen to both side at the meeting and would like to hear what others are thinking about this

I think it would be great to allow .22 rifles to use these targets also.

They are a lot more fun to shoot at instead of just shooting at paper targets.

As a matter of fact I have 2 small one I would be willing to donate to the club if we could use .22 rifles to shoot at them.

Just let me know.

Steve

sea157@verizon.net

December 14, 2014 at 11:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Upcoming Events

Monday, Jun 1 at 7:30 PM - 9:00 PM
Tuesday, Jun 2 at 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Tuesday, Jun 9 at 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Monday, Jun 15 at 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM