WMTFSA

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Visitor/Guest Passes

Eric Ostrom

Has there at any time been any discussion at the monthly meeting about amending the by-laws to allow current, in good standing members, the provision to purchase a visitor/guest pass at the same cost of a regular membership fee so that we may bring a guest? It's is a good way to earn extra revenue and introduce new people to the club and potentially increase membership ranks. If not how do I go about getting this topic added to the meeting agenda?

--

G. Eric Ostrom

May 4, 2010 at 10:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

FOZZY BEAR

My suggestion would come to the monthly regular meeting and suggest this idea.....

1st monday of every month at 7:30pm

The club is always looking for IDEAS!

May 7, 2010 at 10:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Eric Ostrom

Ok Fozzy I try to make it to the next meeting in June

May 10, 2010 at 8:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

holtzapple

I have been a 22 years, and my wife has been has been coming up with me to shoot, do I need to get a membership for her, or is she able to shoot with me? If I need to get her a membership, how do I go about doing this.

Thanks

November 14, 2010 at 12:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

grreg
Administrator

Your are fine bringing your wife with you, a member can bring his or her spouse, and any youth,also if you are interested she can become a member without the inititaion fee

November 16, 2010 at 10:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sea157

grreg at November 16, 2010 at 10:07 PM

Your are fine bringing your wife with you, a member can bring his or her spouse, and any youth,also if you are interested she can become a member without the inititaion fee

Are you saying I could bring my Grandsons that are all under 16 with me to shoot without them being members?

If they must be members what is the cost for them?

Thanks Steve

January 6, 2013 at 11:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

grreg
Administrator

Recap of April,s meeting where this topic was discused and i would like to get some more feed back. there seem to me to be three options from the meeting

A. we do nothing and leave it the way it is, which means no guest under any reason other then spouse and children.

B. we have a month long pass for 10 poeple costing around $25 for the month. meaning that for say the month of May those 10 members are the only ones allowed to bring a guest and only those 10 poeple and only one at a time and it would be on a first come thing or a lottery pick.

C. We put a drop off box in club house you fill out a guest paper and for $5(or what ever the board sets cost at) you are allowed to bring that guess on the range for the day.

there was other options but the all seem to be centered around those three options.

As a board member i would like to get more feed back from the members before the vote comes up.

so go ahead and post just keep it a civil discussion

--
April 12, 2013 at 12:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Travis

I would like to be able to bring a guest once in a while. I am worried though that the range may get too crowded at "prime" times. I think option C would be good, ONE guest, pay $5 and must stay with member at all time. Can't hurt to give it a trial run and if it doesn't work out (too crowded, issues, etc.) end guest passes. I think the cost should be $5 in order to generate additional income for the club. Also, if guest does not follow range rules and safety, the member should lose membership. Guest can pose as a safety concern to other shooters, so members must be held accountable to who they bring. 

(Maybe no guests past during deer hunting season due to higher volume of range use)

Please keep members informed on boards decision. Thanks for allowing input!

April 12, 2013 at 3:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sea157

Option "C"  sounds like the best option to me.

April 12, 2013 at 8:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

grreg
Administrator

that was one of the things i forgot to mention was that if we do go with a guest membership sounds like everyone likes the idea of doing only 9 months a year. (close guest membership oct. nov. dec.).

--
April 12, 2013 at 11:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Macneal IV

I would love to see option C carried out.  I think it would be a great way to grow the membership. Telling people about this great club is one thing, but taking them out on the range for some leisurely shooting, and maybe running into other like minded, friendly people practically puts a card in their pocket.  

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND KEEP HER FREE

April 13, 2013 at 12:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CJ8Ted

I am likeing "C" I would not mind paying a few bucks to have a guest for one day or even a few hours.

I think a "guest" member program is good. It would generate new members as well as an interduction to new people about  the outdoor sports we love.

I also think pre season range time (peak bench time) and guest "club land" hunting rights should be addressed.Like: Guest are only permited to shoot at the the pistol range, rifle range, archery field coarse, and trap range (Tuesdays), archery practice butts,and indoor archery, with a member. Guest are not premited to hunt or fish on club grounds.

Ted Z.

April 14, 2013 at 3:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ranall Shultz

A Guess pass is a good idea. I've been a member for over 40 years and often wanted to take a guess on the rifle / pistol range and couldn't so I just didn't use the club. I went else where. I think the small fee would be a good option.  I'd suggest the same fee as it is to practice on the indoor archery range and the 9 mo option sounds OK.

Randy S

--
April 14, 2013 at 3:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Matt Malkie

Option C - This would be a great improvement to the club! This will generate instant incremental revenues for the club (we need that desperately). This will also be an excellent recruiting mechanism for new members (we need new members too!) Someone stated above that it is one thing to tell someone about the facilities - but letting them take a test drive will sell them. 

I hope we vote on this at the May meeting and put this into effect ASAP. Personally, I have a few buddies that I would like to bring as guests and then get them to join!

Matt

April 16, 2013 at 3:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Keith Ressler

OPTION C

I would add to that option that the member is personally responsible for the actions and conduct for his guest(s).  I would make that language very specific as well as very clear.

Keith Ressler

April 22, 2013 at 10:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

grreg
Administrator

The board agreed to a guess pass you can read about it under important news

May 31, 2013 at 1:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ram2500

I was a member last year. But frankly. I think the guest policy kinda stinks. It's only an improvement on the fact that your old guest policy must have stunk worse if this is an improvement. I'd rather go elsewhere and actually have to rent by the hour than have to fill out a form and deposit $5.00. For younger single people.... What if you want to bring your signifigant other that isn't your wife yet? $5.00 every time + a form every time just because you're just dating? What if your brother is in town? What if you want to take your dad shooting since he hasn't shot in a while? If I get a new gun and even pay $5.00 I'm only allowed to bring a guest with me from january to september? So I have to tell my friend the club I pay dues to won't allow it because of the month? You want to increase revenue, but yet guests are only allowed 9 months out of the year and many people say they don't want it to get too crowded. Well you can make $ and have it be dead. It's one or the other. If you don't need the revenue. Keep it dead and policys that prevent people from coming. Those kind of policies and thoughts will make it so it'll be even deader soon. You can split the cost of the property divided by current members. So the people who like it dead can pay for the lack of traffic. Should work out.

I know I won't be renewing this year.

December 29, 2013 at 6:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Upcoming Events

Monday, Jun 1 at 7:30 PM - 9:00 PM
Tuesday, Jun 2 at 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Tuesday, Jun 9 at 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Monday, Jun 15 at 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM